Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Adding to the busy schedule!

Like I don't have enough to do. Seriously! I've taken on another weekly Farmer's Market, this one is in Rogers, Minnesota on Wednesday afternoon/evenings from 3pm to 7pm. It's located right next to the high school, just off Hwy 101 at 21080 141st Ave. N in Rogers (a quick minute or two off I-94).

Last week was my first week there, and I was very impressed. Not only with the amount of customers coming out to a brand new, two-week-old market, but with the people who are running the market too. Everyone was super nice and very accommodating. It's gonna be great!

This week I'm missing my usual Thursday Monticello market to go up to St. Cloud and be a vendor at the Lemonade Fest. I believe this is my sixth year there, third with soap and I made jewelry for three years before that. Another great show I look forward to each year, and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate again. Yay!

I hate to not be at the market though (in Monticello). Customers come to expect that the usual vendors will be there, and it's not good if you're missing. My plan was to be gone also on July 9th, 16th and 23rd, but I'm pretty sure that plan is changing. The 9th is my son's birthday, but I made a deal with him to share in the profits that day as part of his birthday present, so I can attend. I might even talk him into coming with me so we can have a special birthday sale (we'll see about that one!).

The other two weeks I'll be having fun in North Carolina with my big brother, who I don't get to see very often. I'm really looking forward to a vacation with him and his wife and stepdaughter. He's a fabulous cook (yum!) and fisherman, and we're planning to camp by the ocean for a weekend. I love being by the water.

Then I'll be back, refreshed, and ready to make more soap!

No comments: