Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pretty cool...

Last night I got an order from a woman in Arkansas. When I asked her how she heard about our soap, this is what she said:

"My husband is in Iraq, and somehow got some of your soap. He sent me a slice of the Patchouli Orange and said I needed to get some! It took me a little while, but he kept bugging me to get some, so I finally called. He'll be so surprised when he comes home because he doesn't know I'm ordering it."

How cool is that?!! I had sent about 100 bars over to Iraq the end of July. One box went to Troop Care Package, where she divided it up amongst boxes headed for soldiers. The other box I sent directly to a customer's son who's serving over there, with a letter hoping he'd share it with his troop mates. Somehow this soldier from Arkansas got his hands on a bar and loved it so much he encouraged his wife back home to get some too!

I just love stories like that! I never know what'll happen or who might fall in love with the soap, and it makes my day hearing such cool stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giving always finds a way to make the giver receive more than what she gave! My way of saying "It is more blessed to give than receive." That is nice, Val, to hear back from the soldiers wife! Very nice.